Friday, March 19, 2010

Sunny and 75 Degrees

At least that’s what is predicted for today.

Right now, the temperature is only 55 degrees, but the sun is out…finally.  It’s been rainy and cloudy the past few days.  That’s been okay though because I have been working inside the house.

When Al is out of town, I spend less time outside and try to catch up on inside things.

We have been working so hard the past few months…installing the Allure flooring in the motorhome…that we feel we need a play day.   Unfortunately, with company coming, we need to spiff things up some!  Winter has been hard on the yard and both porches.

I’ve had my Hummingbird feeder out for about a week now and still no Hummers.  My little “Blackie” that always comes early hasn’t arrived.  I’m worried.  Last summer/fall I found a dead hummer outside on the porch.  I think he hit a window.  I thought at the time it could possibly be “Blackie” but I wasn’t sure.  I’m hoping he is just late due to the cold weather.

I’m making Goulash today.  It was something I used to eat when I was single and living alone.  I would make a big pot and would eat it for a week.  It was cheap and easy!  Anyway, I was watching Paula Deen’s tv show where she made some.  It reminded me how much I used to like it, so I’m going to see if I still remember how to make it!  Paula said when she used to make that dish, they didn’t know they were poor!  Her son still loves it now, even though they are far from poor.

1 comments:

Margie M. said... [Reply to comment]

Sometimes those dishes from our childhood meals can really bring back the memories! Enjoy the goulash.