Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Fall is Coming?

I got up this morning to an outside temperature of 63 degrees!  It’s been a long time since we’ve seen it that cool here in Georgia!  We’re not looking forward to cold weather, but we sure do like it here in the fall.

Last year we went camping quite a bit starting the end of September and I’d really like to do it again this year, but I don’t think we’ll be able to. With the house on the market, we really need to stay here, have garage sales and get rid of more stuff.    We’ve been selling quite a bit of small stuff at the garage sales, but I really need to tackle some of the more expensive things, like the china, silver, and Al’s big ole wood splitter.  It might be the right time of year to sell the wood splitter.  It was one of those toys he just had to have and really didn’t use much.  Of course, he would compare my treadmill and ultra glide to that, so I’ll probably not mention that!

Somewhere up the hill and nearby it sounds like someone is cutting down trees…a lot of them.  We've been hearing it for the past several days.  Wonder what’s going on?    I may need to take a ride and see what I can find. 

5 comments:

cruzin2some said... [Reply to comment]

We feel your pain! We haven't been able to go camping in a while either. We are stil having garage sales and packing things up

Margie and Roger said... [Reply to comment]

Maybe the people cutting the trees need a good wood splitter. I, too, focused more on the small garage-sale type things and made a little money. I should have focused on the bigger items, but I hated to sell our furniture while we were trying to sell the house...but I would have made more money if I had sold it first I think. Our bedroom furniture sort of sold itself to a friend and we slept on the mattress and box springs for quite awhile...but we got a very good price for the furniture. There is no right way or wrong way to sell everything I guess. I still feel that once the house sold we were rushed getting last minute stuff sold...and there was a lot of last minute stuff to sell. But...it really doesn't matter now that it's over with. Just glad all that "stuff" is gone.

Merikay said... [Reply to comment]

Drive up and ask them if they need to buy your wood splitter!

I hope to get in gear again and cull a lot of stuff when the weather turns. Sometime in December!

Margie M. said... [Reply to comment]

Sounds like you are going full speed ahead there in Georgia with those garage sales. It's nice that your weather is cooling off finally.

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said... [Reply to comment]

Maybe it will be safe to head east and south weather wise if those temps hold up. :)