Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Grass, Grass, Grass

Our dry spell ended due to a tropical depression sitting in the Gulf, and we've been having rain every day.  It hasn't rained much, but several times a day it either rains or looks like it's going to.  The grass has stayed too damp to mow and it's growing!

Yesterday, we finally got a dry day and Al and I decided to get busy on the mowing.  We took turns on the mower and between the two of us, got the yard pretty much mowed.  That's not counting the pasture, but we figured we mowed 5 or 6 acres of grass.  We were tired when we went to bed!  You wouldn't think sitting on a riding mower would tire you out, but the constant bouncing gets to you after a while.  I have been trying to remember to put on my Joint Flex a couple times a day and I had no problem with my sciatic nerve pain until right at the end of my mowing session.  I can't believe how well that stuff works.  I never dreamed it would work for Sciatica, but it sure seems to have helped mine.  I highly recommend it for any type of pain.  It's really helped Al's knee that he hurt last week as well.  We used to get it at Walmart, but can't find it there anymore.  Al got some in Tampa at Publix grocery store.  I'll order it online if I have to.  It's inexpensive.

We painted the living room today but Al is out working on mowing the pasture.  That's a big job and usually takes us both a few days to get it done.  It gets done once a month in the summer, whether it needs it or not!

We're still having very hot and humid weather, but after 105 degrees, this 97 doesn't feel so bad!  We're hoping September will bring us some 80's!

6 comments:

Wayne and Roberta said... [Reply to comment]

That darn grass just keeps on growing and not giving us a break from the mowing.

Is the Joint Flex a rub on cream? My knee's are really bad, may have to hunt it down and give it a try.

Karen and Al said... [Reply to comment]

Wayne & Roberta

Joint Flex is a rub on cream. It has glucosamine in it which is good for joints. We've used it for years on anything that hurt and it really seems to work. Go to their website, it lists different places where you can get it. I think some drugstores have it now. Our Walmart doesn't carry it anymore for some reason. If your knees are hurting try using it 2-3 times a day, it will probably help.

ThE MidLiFe CrUiSeR said... [Reply to comment]

This would be good for me now that I've started back running! Thanks for the tip.

Happytrails said... [Reply to comment]

I am going to go out and buy some Joint Flex...I hope. At least I am going to go out and try to find it. I think it would be great for Mike's back. He has had the same issues. He also has trouble with his left knee. It just might help him. Thanks!!

Take care!
Mike & Gerri (happytrails)

Kenny And Angela's Adventure said... [Reply to comment]

I need to give it a try, after driving a truck for 28 years everything on me is loose and sore..

Margie and Roger said... [Reply to comment]

I couldn't find Joint Flex at Walmart either. Next stop, Publix. I'm getting it for myself since Roger is using the prescription Lidoderm patches.