We spent yesterday (Monday) watching the Weather Channel and preparing for possible tornadoes. We never had any warnings near Cairo, but there were watches and strong storms. We have to load the cats in the Storm Shelter ahead of time since it takes a while. fWe can't wait until there is a warning in the area. It is a pain but the cats are getting used to it. We ended up with over 3 inches of rain but the storm was pretty much over by evening. We slept soundly all night so if any storms had have come in we may have slept through them.
Al is on his way back to Tampa. There have been some tornadoes touch down in the Tampa area, in Wesley Chapel. He felt he would be behind the storms so headed south. It looks like the storm have now moved south. He and Steve are going to a Devil Rays ballgame tonight.
Our Blue Bird and Chickadee babies fared ok during the storm. We're waiting for them to fledge.
2 days ago